Old versionsSee all
Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet is another chapter in the Sherlock Holmes series of games, each one stands for a new investigation. In this game you’ll be representing Sherlock Holmes himself, the most famous and clever detective ever. As the previous editions of the series, this game is pretty complex in terms of rules. You must explore crime scenes in order to find clues and reveal suspects. The beginning point is the crime report available at Scotland Yard. The police will make available for you the interrogations to suspects and witnesses statements.
Let’s show you the ropes of the game. In each scene, you must collect the objects displayed at the bottom of the screen. All objects are somehow related to the crime and your investigation. Watch carefully the scene and click with the mouse in order to collect objects when you find them. You can use a magnifying glass to look closer if you need it. Sometime, the cursor will turn into a gear meaning that there are some actions to do. For example you could have to lower a light into a basement and light it up with a match from a box of matches you need to find. In other cases, you will have to solve puzzles to reconstruct a destroyed letter in order to read what was written on it, finding for clues.
The graphics are great but not the animations. The dialog in the introduction to the game shows the characters as they were petrified. Music and everything else is good.
When you first enter the game, you’ll get to the main menu with the following options on it:
- Profiles: the first time there’s no existing player. After you create one or more, they’ll be saved. When you enter into this submenu, you’ll be asked for a name as a new player. It’s possible to have a list of different profiles and record their performance. This way, you can play home tournaments with family and friends.
- Play: this option leads you to the game mode selection screen. You can choose between Casual Mode, Detective Mode, and Adventure Mode. After that you’ll be seeing a kind of long introduction that you can speed up but not skip.
- Options: this is the menu from which you can set some game options like sound volume, music volume, and full screen.
- Help: includes some information about the game rules and minigames.
- Credits and Exit: no further explanation required.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Oberon Media Game Center, on the Web.
About the system requirements, is not that big computer that you need in order to run this game. Take a look to the list:
• Windows Vista; Windows XP
• DirectX 9.0
• 800 MHz processor or better
• 512 MB RAM
- It's a very entertaining game
- Great graphics
- It's available to be purchased online for a very affordable price
- It has a large setup file to download
- It's available in English only
- It's kind of a complex game